This isn’t terribly exciting, but I thought I’d tell you about something that I’ve recently discovered…about…
dirty laundry. YUCK! 😛 Who doesn’t have pile after pile of the stuff gathering in the corners of every room in the house?! Well, hopefully it isn’t that bad yet, lol! But, I’ve recently found a little trick to stay on top of those mountains of clothes needing to be cleaned. Here it is:
- Every day gather whatever has accumulated in the hampers and sort into your light/dark/mediums wash baskets…we have one of those 3 sectioned wheelie carts…works great! (there shouldn’t be so much, because this is an every day thing, right?)
- In between all your other running around during the day, start just one load of laundry.
- Whatever was left in the dryer from the load before, you will sort on the way out of the dryer into individual baskets belonging to different family members. For me, this is a basket for each of my girlies, and one for my hubby and I. Our clothes get folded as I grab them out of the dryer, and the girls get to theirs…well, eventually, lol! Haven’t nabbed down how to get that done in a timely matter yet. ;P But this way you’re only touching your clothes once, rather than doing each thing separately!
- Whatever is folded of your own gets taken straight to your bedroom and put away…or is taken there when you’re heading to bed. Your kids’ baskets can be taken by them using the same method.
- Enjoy the peace of mind of keeping up with at least ONE thing in your hectic schedule! 🙂
Hope that helps lighten your load a little! Do you have any great laundry tips you’d like to share? Feel free to enlighten us (I’m just full of puns today, lol!) in the comments section!