Just a little something…

…before we get into New Year’s Goals and Resolutions here at the gettinitpegged…

Back in December, I needed a quick baby shower gift for a gal in our local knitting group.  I had seen some super cute gnome type baby hats in photographers sample pics and at Etsy, etc.  I decided to try my hand at making one using a humongous crochet hook and some brightly colored Jiffy Thick and Quick.  I really haven’t crocheted in a long while, as my hands really hurt afterward, but this was pretty quick so I figured I’d be okay. 😉  I did end up a tad sore, but nothing too detrimental.

This little thing is what I came up with:

So…what do you think???

I just winged it, so there’s no pattern at all…just good old fashioned crafting by the seat of the pants, lol.  😉  The fun thing is that there is another gal in the knitting group who is also expecting a baby, so the shower was actually a double baby shower for them both.  I made one more little baby hat which IS loom knit!  I’m saving that one for later, as the mama is due any time now and she has given permission for a photo shoot with her little sweetum’ and the new loomy hat.  🙂  I can’t wait to show you, as it turned out so cute!

Hope you’re all keeping your own noggin’s warm in this chilly January weather!

Bethany~

About gettinitpegged

Whipping up whimsy with looms & string! :)
This entry was posted in Crochet, Kids, Loom Knitting, Looming Patterns, New Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Just a little something…

1. Ellen Divizio says:

what an adorable little hat, can’t wait to see the other hat on the newborn’s head.
    Ellen

2. gettinitpegged says:

Thank you, Ellen! I can’t wait either…a newborn’s little head is so much cuter than a styrofoam ball, lol! 😉

Bethany~

3. ChrisB says:

That is so cute! Can’t wait to see it on the baby. 🙂

4. gettinitpegged says:

Thanks so much, Chris! 🙂

Bethany~

5. Eve says:

Very cute idea, what size loom did u use?

6. gettinitpegged says:

Thank you, Eve! 🙂 I actually crocheted this on a really big crochet hook…the loom knitted one will be released a bit later when I have a real live baby to model it, lol. 😉

Bethany~

7. domedweller says:

Nicely done, Bethany! I believe this is my favorite gnome baby hat so far.
    Also, I know what you mean by your hand being sore after crocheting. That little problem is what led me to loom knitting. I still can’t believe some of the things my grandmother made when she was in her late seventies and early eighties.

8. gettinitpegged says:

Oh, you too, Brenda? This is what led me to loom knitting as well! We can be sore hand buddies, lol! 😉 It is completely incredible the intricacy with which some of these people can create using just a little hook and some string…it’s even better when it’s your grandmother. 🙂

Bethany~

9. Linda Jones says:

Absolutely adorable, Bethany! Can’t wait to see a little one with the cap on!
    Good work!

10. gettinitpegged says:

Oh, Thank you, Linda! I can’t wait either! 🙂

Bethany~

11. Jenny says:

So colorful and fun, Bethany 🙂 Love it! Looking forward to seeing your loom knit creation. Hugs!

12. Jolene Torgler says:

Super cute!!!

13. gettinitpegged says:

Awww…thank you so much, Jenny and Jolene! The new mama to-be love the hat, which made me feel better about the color choices, as it did contain a bit of bright pink in the mix…I wasn’t sure how that would go over if the baby ends up being a boy, lol. 😉 We’ll find out in about 2 weeks what she’s having and I told her that if the colors won’t end up working for her, I would be happy to whip up a new version, lol. 😉

Thanks so much for commenting!

Bethany~